Moderators: SilverZero, zmiko

s10-3t and win7 64 bit?

Postby thstart » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 pm

s10 has 64 bit Win7 drivers
s10-3t has only 32 bit Windows 7 drivers
s10-3t has 64 bit capable Atom N450

To be able to use multi touch I have to upgrade
my Windows 7 and better to be 64 bit.

Now the question is where to get the Win 7 64 bit drivers?
thstart
New User

Color and Model: black s10-37
OS(s) installed: windows 7

Advertisement

Re: s10-3t and win7 64 bit?

Postby SilverZero » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 pm

Well the first question would be: Drivers for what?

You can generally find current drivers at the manufacturer's website (like the Broadcom or Synaptics support pages), but if you're talking about the touchscreen, you may have to either wait for Lenovo to update or find out who the manufacturer for the input device is, and then go to their website.

Windows Update might also find some driver updates for you, so you could try to run that.
SilverZero

Color and Model: Sold
OS(s) installed: All of them

Re: s10-3t and win7 64 bit?

Postby thstart » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:08 pm

>Well the first question would be: Drivers for what?
Well, I don't wanted to format the disk and later to find out Windows cannot install
because of missing drivers. I installed Windows 7 on several other machines up to now
and there were some issues with drivers. For example Dell Precision 670 - a very expensive
machine - Windows 7 does not have drivers for the hard drive - e.g. hard drive is not
recognized and had to use XP drivers.

Anyway, I decided to go with Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. First checked the partition alignment
with DISKPART and found it is not aligned properly, so I had to delete partitions and create from scratch
aligned partition, then install from USB memory stick.

>You can generally find current drivers at the manufacturer's website (like the Broadcom or Synaptics support >pages), but if you're talking about the touchscreen, you may have to either wait for Lenovo to update or find out >who the manufacturer for the input device is, and then go to their website.

Running Windows 7 compatibility shows in Hardware 64 bit tab that it is 64 bit compatible - e.g. Microsoft has drivers which is the answer to my question.

>Windows Update might also find some driver updates for you, so you could try to run that.
Yes - I will see how the installation will end.
thstart
New User

Color and Model: black s10-37
OS(s) installed: windows 7

Return to Windows 7