It works great, but some strange things happens

Discussion on installing OS X

Moderator: SilverZero

Forum rules
The S netbook is NOT an Apple product and was never intended to run Mac OSX. Fortunately, enthusiasts have found ways to make OSX run on our netbook. However, the process may not be smooth for some. Make sure you have patience and time to get it to run. Most importantly, motivation to read and learn. This forum contains enough information to get OSX running. Most problems you may encounter can be solved just by reading through the forums or searching. So please take the time and read through the forums!

It works great, but some strange things happens

Postby alfredtorch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

Right,

I got it working. I used a retail disk 10.6 with the latest s10 enabler, to get Mac os x on that little baby. It's running perfect. Even Gimp is going on. Only the screen resolution cause some problems with System Preference Windows, but ok. There is also a program to reduce the pitch-ratio, which works very nice. I saw also a way to get a working mic. I will try it later.
I will try also Insomina app to prevent sleep when closing the lid.

The only problem, I got, is the battery. With iaktos 10.5.7 there were any problems, but now it shows bad information. Could I install voodoobattery kext with a s10 enabler configuration?

[img=http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1752/battery.th.png]

[img=http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7461/screenshot20091111at440.th.png]

Is it possible to adjust the settings of the webcam?

Thank you for answering me.

I will paste soon the different links to the below listed programs.

Greetings Max
alfredtorch
New User

Color and Model: Black
OS(s) installed: 10.6

Advertisement

Re: It works great, but some strange things happens

Postby vaniii » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I have the exact same battery and for me it doesn't show that it's in "check battery" condition. Maybe your battery really needs replacement? Or you just need to be an embedded controller reset and a full charge cycle.
vaniii
Master

Postby alfredtorch » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:53 am

Well,
before, I was on the road with a ideneb, Iaktos version, and there were any problems with the battery. % and time, perfect, but a lost of other bugs... :)
I bought this netbook one week ago, I don't hope and don't think that the battery is damaged. There is any problem to unplugged for a while. SlimBatteryMonitor is only indicating strange numbers.

I will try to install other kext, no? Or to buy a Voltmeter? or a stopwatch? ;)

In any case, thanks, great work! enjoy your weekend
alfredtorch
New User

Postby phattbam » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:20 am

please let us know about the working mic. that's the only thing i'm waiting on before I get one.
phattbam
Master

Color and Model: Black S10
OS(s) installed: Win7 Ultimate AND OSX SL 10.6.4

Postby alfredtorch » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:20 pm

ok, the mic I'll try to do it soon. But for now, with the 1.1.8. s10 enabler my battery is fine again.
alfredtorch
New User

Postby Gertie » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:03 am

S10 with 6 cell..1G RAM.. 5 hours surfing on WiFi on battery.. and showing correctly also % on battery in the menu bar..

The only "strange" things and user experience.. printing 0's waking from sleep by closing lid, time to times keyboard stops responding(trackpad still works though).. I am using headset connected to mic in/line out plugs nicely in gmail chat.. Skype is giving hard times staying "alive", but thats seemingly common problem with 10.6 and Skype in general.. in Safari Youtube playback is not the smoothest possible.. have had the "grey square of death-restrat with Power button" two times during month of usage.. but all in all, nice Airbook :)
Gertie
Beginner

Color and Model: Black S10
OS(s) installed: 10.6.1

Return to Installation