The only downfall is only one internal hard disk. I will replace the 640GB drive with a nice 1.5-2TB drive and upgrade the RAM from 1GB to 2GB. (I can never leave anything stock.) There are also 4 USB 2.0 ports for expandability if needed.
The price was only $240 after discounts. Much cheaper than my old $1000 Infrant ReadyNAS NV without drives a few years ago. (That NAS died recently)
Anyways, I'm really excited (NEW TECHNOLOGY!) and will post my thoughts in a day or two.
Microsoft Windows Home Server
Intel 1.6 GHz Atom Processor 230
1GB DDR2 DRAM
Included drive capacity
LX195 (1 X 640 GB) SATA 7200 RPM
(4) USB 2.0 ports
Limited only by drive sizes - Assuming 1 TB drives, total capacity (internal and external) = 5 TB
4" x 8" x 8"
Power consumption - 1 Drive sleep
Power consumption - 1 Drive active
Whisper Quiet (25 degrees C < 25 dba at one meter)
Help your family get control of your digital life with our affordable, easy-to-use MediaSmart Server LX195. It lets you automatically back up and protect digital photos, as well as centralize digital media and content so it's easy to share. And you'll enjoy your media whether you're at home or away.
* Automatically manage daily backup, virus protection, media collection, and power management, all behind the scenes
* Automatically back up multiple computers, whether running Windows (via Microsoft Windows Home Server Backup) or Mac (via Apple Time Machine)1
* Store up to 168,000 photos, 147,000 songs or 405 hours of video2
* Get additional protection by backing up your server to an on-line back-up service like Amazon S33
Designed for digital media
* Access your media4 anywhere with an Internet-connected computer
* Stream music and photos to any computer, while you're at home or away
* Stream to your stereos and TVs through a gaming console like the Xbox 360 or PlayStation35
* Publish photos to photo-sharing and social networking Web sites—Snapfish, Flickr, Picasa, and even Facebook6—via any Internet-connected computer, or share directly from your server
* Share music libraries for play throughout your home
Easy setup, scheduling, and support
* Set up fast: just plug it in, connect it to your wireless router (sold separately), and load the software on your PCs and Macs1
* Schedule the server to copy and centralize Windows PC media files and libraries (including iTunes and playlists)
* Expand your capacity by adding external hard drives7 via four USB ports on the back
* Warranty and support: one-year limited; get help toll-free, 24 x 7, or via e-mail in as little time as an hour