Hello and thanks for all the work that's been done by the whole community! Without it I would never have dared to set out on this quest of making a S10e Hackintosh.
I know I don't have the skills to pull this off straight away, but I went and bought the machine anyway, figuring that trial-and-error and some friendly advice could get me there eventually.
So, I've been trawling the net for guides and tips for a few days now. This is where I stand:
Things I have:
- MacBook with OS 10.5
- Retail DVD with 10.5.5
- Lenovo S10e
- 8gb USB stick
What I don't need or want:
- I don't have a pc and I would prefer not to have to use one, which makes a lot of guides I've found less than useful for me.
- I don't need several OSs on my S10, and not several partitions. Just pretend the S10 is a Mac.
- I'd like to be as close to a kosher install as possible.
What I've looked at:
- http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/mac-os- ... ethod.html by Mechdrew. Step 1-3 no problem. Step 4 confused me, since my setup menues aren't the same as in the guide, so I just went along and got the grey drives screen and past it. At step 5 I got a message that Mac OS could not be installed, with the options OK and Restart. Pressing OK I was able to access Disk Utility and formatted the drive as OSXMINI9, as instructed. Once formatting is done, however, I have not been able to 'Continue', because I have no installer. And that's as far as I got with that method.
- http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=322 by Modbin looks nice. First problem, though, is that I can't find any OSInstall.mpkg, or any "Distribution" file (but I suppose I might find it inside OSInstall.mpkg).
- http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=308 also looks nice, but with the same problem of me not finding the OSInstall.mpkg.
So, this is where I stand now, as you can see I haven't even approached Post-Install. Any kind of help or advice is more than welcome!