Battery Driver?

Drivers and Download links for the IdeaPad S

Moderator: Moderators

Battery Driver?

Postby jd2010 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:11 am

I reformatted and did a clean XP install. I installed all the drivers I could find on the lenovo site.

However, now, no battery information is displayed anywhere on the screen or in the task bar. I can get to battery info by going to the device manager... I have some generic drivers being used for both the AC adapter and the battery.

Is there a lenovo driver that will put back the battery icon somewhere on my laptop so I can tell when its going to die?
jd2010
New User

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: XP

Advertisement

Re: Battery Driver?

Postby observer » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:52 am

jd2010, did you enabled a tray icon in Control Panel->Power->Advanced?
observer
Beginner

Color and Model: IdeaPad S10 black
OS(s) installed: WinXP SP3 Home

Postby jd2010 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:18 am

Nope... just did that and it helps some... but still when Im plugged in it shows an AC power icon and doesnt show me any battery information.

Would there be anyway for battery info to be on there 24/7? even when plugged in?
jd2010
New User

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: XP

Postby hithere » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:15 pm

i had a simiiar issue after updating the BIOs to 59. The battery status was aways "unknown" whether I checked it in the Windows power managment or Lenovos' Energy program. The battery charged and discharged but because the info wasn't reading corerectly, I wasn't getting the notification that the battery was low. The laptop would just shut down when the battery was drained.

I called lenovo because i thought the battery was bad. They told me that there was no "59" BIO's update but that I had to download the newest BIOs which they claimed was 57. When i downloaded it I told him it was actually 56 but he said that was just a "typo" on the website (???) I installed it and rebooted. The battery status is fine now.

My BIO's status still says 56 but the guy with Lenovo tech support said it was 57. I don't care at this point as long as it works!

I hope this helps.
hithere
Beginner

Color and Model: Black S10
OS(s) installed: Windows XP Home

Return to Drivers and Download