Discussion on installing OS X
The S netbook is NOT an Apple product and was never intended to run Mac OSX. Fortunately, enthusiasts have found ways to make OSX run on our netbook. However, the process may not be smooth for some. Make sure you have patience and time to get it to run. Most importantly, motivation to read and learn. This forum contains enough information to get OSX running. Most problems you may encounter can be solved just by reading through the forums or searching. So please take the time and read through the forums!
I have a S10-4333 with 2GB RAM and integrated bt+hsdpa-card.
I installed SL 10.6.2 with vaniis Enabler 1.13 and Win7 Pro successful.
SL is the on the first (3?) and Win7 on second partition using GUID.
1. Where do I find the bootloader (mini-chameleon?) on harddrive, 'cause I want to change the hdd-icons and their size on bootscreen. (Win-Icon is smaller) Also want to change the text under ("OSXSL" and "Windows NTFS").
May do I need to install full chameleon 2.0-RC4? I don't how to find out the mounted number of my volumes. I'm new to OSX. In readme, they tell something about /rdisk0... and /disk2 ???
2. I enabled GPS with the Ericsson F3507g card in Win7. It's fully working. Is there a way to activate and use it in OSX too?
- New User
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:48 pm
- Location: Berlin, Germany
- Color and Model: S10 4333 Black - 3G+BT+GPS
- OS(s) installed: OSX 10.6.2 + Win7 Pro
Yes, the GPS can be used under OS X too. I have written a driver for it but haven't released it yet since I didn't find any really useful Mac applications that use the GPS signal.
You can change the icons by using a Chameleon theme, see the Chameleon documentation for that.
- Posts: 476
- Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:46 am
Return to Installation
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest