i sure waste a lot of time

Have some suggestions, ideas or feedback for the forum? Post here!

i sure waste a lot of time

Postby scottyinco » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Hey Everybody.

I sure waste a lot of time trying to catch up on posts in this forum when all I find are "Welcome to the forum" messages at the end of every thread. Shouldn't we keep the "Welcome to the forum" messages in the New Members section? That seems to be the most pertinent place for them.

I know we're a friendly group here, but we're friendly to the point that it's getting irritating to follow a thread that has a new post, thinking somebody has contributed something useful to the thread, just to find out it says "Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll love your new S10".

Am I just a scrooge, or do other people feel it's wasting their time, too? You could take a moment and send a PM to welcome a new member if you must greet them outside of the New Members forum, and help keep the threads on topic.

Chime in with your opinion.

Thanks,

Scott
Black Lenovo S10, 2gb RAM, 500gb Western Digital HDD, Bluetooth, 6-cell chinese knockoff battery.
scottyinco
Master

Advertisement

Re: i sure waste a lot of time

Postby mister2 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:11 pm

That's absurd! I should ban you for bringing up such nonsense! :o

Just kidding. I do agree with you to some extent and will bring it up to the moderators. Thanks for the input.
mister2
Site Admin

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: Windows 7

Postby Leon » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:25 am

As one of the "welcomers" I agree. We're growing a little to big now for that (but still just as friendly ;) ). Any welcomes will be in the New Members section from now on.
Leon
Master

Postby SystemJinx » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:31 pm

Good point Scotty. I'll keep it in the new member forum or PM the person with a welcome post.
Ruby Red Lenovo IdeaPad S10
Upgrades: 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive
Internal Bluetooth!
SystemJinx

Color and Model: Red S10
OS(s) installed: XP Home [SP3]

Return to Feedback, Announcements and Rules