An idea

Have some suggestions, ideas or feedback for the forum? Post here!

An idea

Postby jasdjensen » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:17 am

This site is great. It has served as a wonderful diversion while waiting for my S10 and a good place to share ideas about what to use it for once it finally arrives. Kudos! and THANK YOU!

One bit of comment: The icons on the main screen aren't really that easy to figure out. On the bottom of that main screen can we have a table that tells us what they mean? Red vs Blue.. and what they mean?
Black Ideapad S10 upgraded with WD Scorpio 250Gb drive, 2Gb Ram. Fresh load of Win7 32bit
jasdjensen
Experienced

Advertisement

Re: An idea

Postby mister2 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:53 am

Thanks for the idea. Let me look into it and see if I could come up with something.
mister2
Site Admin

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: Windows 7

Postby bp_ » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:40 pm

agreed...I don't think it is easy to notice where there are new posts until you click on a board topic. Scanning the index the only way I notice how to find new threads is to scan the dates...there should be some image indicating where the new threads/replies are. Thx!!!!
bp_
Beginner

Postby WindeeS10 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:55 pm

bp_ wrote:agreed...I don't think it is easy to notice where there are new posts until you click on a board topic. Scanning the index the only way I notice how to find new threads is to scan the dates...there should be some image indicating where the new threads/replies are. Thx!!!!

I find new posts by going to the Board Index and clicking View New Posts. Then just the threads with messages posted since the last time you viewed them will be visible.
8-19-08 9:30 AM ordered. 10-2 received.
White - added 2 GB RAM & Bluetooth - Loving it!
WindeeS10
Experienced

Postby SystemJinx » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:57 am

WindeeS10 wrote:I find new posts by going to the Board Index and clicking View New Posts. Then just the threads with messages posted since the last time you viewed them will be visible.

Wow, good tip! I just tried it and will probably use that a lot. :thumbs up:
Ruby Red Lenovo IdeaPad S10
Upgrades: 2GB RAM, 320GB Hard Drive
Internal Bluetooth!
SystemJinx

Color and Model: Red S10
OS(s) installed: XP Home [SP3]

Postby mister2 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Icon Legend

I've decided to just create a sticky in the New Members section. You'll remember what the icons mean very quickly and will not have to view that page very often. For this reason, I don't feel it's necessary to have it on every single page when viewing the forum.

If people feel differently, please let know.
mister2
Site Admin

Color and Model: White S10
OS(s) installed: Windows 7

Return to Feedback, Announcements and Rules