Bluetooth Slot

CPU, Chipset, Graphics, Display, Memory, Hard Drive, Connectivity, etc...

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Bluetooth Slot

Postby netmanic » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:37 pm

Wow, if someone can confirm that is a std USB connector, then this inexpensive Bluetooth doggle would fit. I have one of these, and love it, except it takes one of the USBs today.

http://www.focalprice.com/Tiny_Bluetooth_USB_Adapter_Dongle_Black_CB006B_412.html

netmanic
Novice

Color and Model: White S10-2G Ram-160G HDD+9Cell Bat+ZeroShock
OS(s) installed: XP Home + USB Fedora 10

Advertisement

Postby fikto » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:06 pm

I'm reporting another successful hellowifi installation. Arrived in about 2 weeks (NY area) with all parts intact. I'd never done any hardware mods to a computer other than changing a RAM card. The directions and tips provided in these posts were invaluable. The install took about 20 minutes because I was extremely deliberate and had a bit of a time trying to get the cover back on. The trick is that it literally "snaps" into place. I found it was easiest to first replace the 4 screws (partially tight) and then snap each of the corners back in. I downloaded the Lenovo driver and was off and running, tethered to my BB. Thanks to all here who made it possible to add so much functionality to this great little machine.
fikto
Beginner

Re: Bluetooth slot

Postby ocnj1 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:18 am

Congrats, fikto! Can anyone suggest where to buy hellowifi? I've googled and ebayed it to no avail. Found the
something similar from eastar for about $27. What do you think? Should this work, and do you think it's a reasonable price?

Finally, fikto and other successful installers, have you noticed much battery drain with the bt on? And are you pleased with its performance?

Thanks.
ocnj1
Beginner

Color and Model: black
OS(s) installed: xp

Postby hellowifi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:27 pm

We are listing on ebay now. Sorry for out of stock.
hellowifi
Experienced

Postby lembowski » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:00 pm

yeah, just bought one!
lembowski
New User

Color and Model: Black s10
OS(s) installed: xp

Postby MrDavidHG » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:36 pm

hellowifi wrote:We are listing on ebay now. Sorry for out of stock.

I got one from you guys, before you ran out... I can tell all here: IT WORKED PREFECT. Less than 5 minutes to install. OSX, XP, Windows 7 all plug and play.

There are others to be found of EBAY ( where I found HELLOWIFI) for around $25.
MrDavidHG
Beginner

Color and Model: Lenovo IdeaPad S10 42312CU White
OS(s) installed: XP Windows 7 Beta Quick Start OS X

Postby ngosac » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:37 pm

Hi all,

I finally have to post this msg and ask for help with my internal Bluetooth. I was a silent reader in this forum and thanks Admin, Mods for a such peaceful, helpful place for S10.

I ordered my BT module and cable from Hellowifi, installed like a piece of cake (thanks Ravi, Hellowifi and all).

My S10 runs XP, and Lenovo software/drivers goes very smooth after physical installing BT module. I can pair my headset, my cell phone right away, but I can not pair my BT mice with the module. I loaded new fresh batteries, pressed the connect button when the software searching for device. All are no luck for either mouse ! (well, I plugged the the mice's dongle and Windows see them right away)

I also tried to uninstall Lenovo software/drivers, then use Bluesoleil, no luck. Used WIDCOMM software (provided by Broadcom) and still can not pair the mouse, the program doesn't see any BT mouse around (I even put the mouse on top of the palm rest where the module located and hope it is close enough for the wireless signal, lol).

Thanks in advance for any of your help or suggestions.
Blue S10 | 2GB memory | WD 500GB HDD | internal Bluetooth | Samsung External Slim DVD drive | 6-cell HK battery.
ngosac
Beginner

Postby hellowifi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:44 pm

Could we know your bluetooth mice's type? Seems you'd better adjust the bt mice to "pair mode" in driver.
hellowifi
Experienced

Postby PeZzy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:31 pm

Are you certain the mouse is BT? Alot of other wireless mice are around.
PeZzy
Experienced

Postby ngosac » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

hellowifi wrote:Could we know your bluetooth mice's type? Seems you'd better adjust the bt mice to "pair mode" in driver.

Thanks for your reply . :D

I have 1 mouse by Micro Innovations model OPM-602 and another one by DYNEX model DX-PWLMSE .

How can I adjust bt mice to "pair mode" in driver ?
Blue S10 | 2GB memory | WD 500GB HDD | internal Bluetooth | Samsung External Slim DVD drive | 6-cell HK battery.
ngosac
Beginner

PreviousNext

Return to General Hardware